Third-party Credibility is Invaluable
For small to mid-size businesses that don’t have a huge marketing or advertising budget, winning awards and promoting them can be a big boost in standing out from the competition. Awards bring prestige and enhance your company’s credibility.
Awards are a big source of third-party credibility, bestowed on your business by an independent, unbiased organization. Receiving the award backs up your claims that your business is the best. And few things can help you stand out in a positive way like winning an award. It gives your reputation a boost, inspires trust and creates instant credibility with consumers.
Customers like to be associated with an award-winning company, and new customers are more likely to choose your business because of the third-party credibility.
Additionally, awards boost employee morale, which leads to greater employee retention and attraction; top talent will be drawn to your business as they want to work for an award-winning company.
However, winning the award is just the first step. To truly benefit from the award’s third-party credibility, you need to let everyone know — current customers, employees and prospective customers. You need to use the award to market your business:
- Use the award logo in your email signature, on your website, in your blogs, in online advertising, on your business cards and in direct mail pieces — the possibilities are endless
- Post about your award on all your social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (includes link to the official award site)
- Issue a press release announcing your award; post links to the press release on your website and social media sites
- Send out a special edition newsletter to all your contacts/clients announcing the award
- Host an event to celebrate the award and invite current and prospective customers
- Use your storefront or office as a showcase by displaying your award — framed, window decals, etc.
At City Beat News, our Spectrum Award is a prime example of third-party credibility, a stamp of approval. As an independent research and publishing company, we strive to provide a voice to the consumer about those unheralded small businesses that deliver exceptional service and experiences. We seek out, rate and recognize companies that are the hidden gems of our communities. In the process, we’ve removed the bias – both positive and negative – that is inherent in most ratings and reviews.
The Spectrum Award provides a recognition that can ignite a wave of enthusiasm among customers, potential customers, staff and the community — but only if your community knows about it. For more information how to make the most of your CBN Spectrum Award, click here.